Monday 14 May 2012

Manly Birthday

I mailed this card off to Scott's uncle in Edmonton on Sunday.  His birthday is on Tuesday so either it will arrive on Tuesday or one day late.  Sometimes Canada Post is so unpredictable.



What I like about this card is that's it was another way to use up some scrappy paper that was just lying around.  And I got to use the 1 1/4" square punch - which is so very, very useful.  I've been using it to cut out the triangles when you make your envelopes using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate - the triangles are so uniform now.

I added the button because it needed a little "bling" and then thought a piece of butcher twine would just finish it off, and it did.  For some reason I find it hard to just stamp the sentiment right on the card - I always feel it needs to be punched up on something - but on this card, it didn't need it.

1 comment:

  1. This card is AWESOME!!!! Definitely one for my "to be cased" file! Maybe my Grade Sevens can make this for Father's Day:)

    ReplyDelete